donderdag 28 februari 2008

Dag 12 (19 feb): Finding Nemo

As I stated yesterday, I got up at 6 o’clock this morning. “Why?” you might ask. Well, that’s a good question. Today I’m going to the Comenius school which is in the other part of Rotterdam (East to Kralingen). I’m going to join the school on a trip to Nemo, a sort of Dutch Technopolis (a science and action museum).
It was a really nice trip; I didn’t only learn some things of science but I also learned a lot from my host, Meleny, who told me all about the Dutch pupils and the educational system. Off course it was hard to observe the pupils in this way, but I can say that Dutch pupils are more independent and also a bit more brutal than Belgian ones. Probably I will visit the school a second time so I can observe the pupils in a normal ‘habitat’. Now, it was unclear to see which pupils belong to the Comenius school as there were other schools present.

After the trip Meleny took me to a shop called Vreesman or something (in the Koopgoot). We had something to eat there and she told me all about Rotterdam, giving me some nice addresses to visit during my stay. It also appeared that she works for 3voor12, doing the same thing I’m doing for damusic.be. We are both editors for a music e-zine, two e-zines which aren’t really competitors but still we know about each other and we follow each other. This was a pleasant surprise!

Geen opmerkingen: