donderdag 28 februari 2008

Dag 5 (8 feb): Lessen Nederlands

This morning I went to school to follow a lesson I’m not supposed to follow any longer (after this one). It’s the Dutch language lesson. Although I write my portfolio in English, my mother tongue is Dutch and I am a teacher of Dutch; that’s why I don’t need to follow these lessons. Instead I will follow two subjects given by Mr. Kroezemann and starting next Monday.
The teacher of the Dutch language course is Mr. van der Schouw. He’s a funny and nice man with a great knowledge of different languages: Turkish, a bit of Spanish, English, etc.
I thought this lesson had some interesting things for me in it; it showed me how I can teach Dutch to foreigners as well, where and how to start.

After this lesson I went home and decided to go back to Belgium for the weekend. It was a very tiring week and I really wanted to see my family and my boyfriend. I took the tram to the Central Station and there I had to wait ten minutes (really, I clocked it) to get a ticket! I was really angry with the woman behind the counter because I felt that she was making fun of me.
Then I got to the platform and I saw that my train was running late. It should have been there on five to two and it arrived at quarter past two.
Counting everything together, it took me four hours to get home. Usually it takes me 2 hours to get home from Rotterdam. You can imagine I was quite tired, mad and not such a pleasant company after these 4 hours.

I was glad to be home: I had to find an internet provider, I had to put my diary on Natschool, etc. To say it short: I had a lot of work to do.
My father and I searched the internet for an easy and cheap internet solution but we didn’t find one. We decided that I should just use the internet at school and at home (in Belgium).

Geen opmerkingen: